Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Major goal reached!

Ok, so I didn't exactly reach it in time.  I wanted to lose 100 lbs by my six month surgiversary.  It was six months and two days when I reached the 229 mark.  You know what?  I was dissappointed on Monday the 8th when it didn't happen, but when on Wednesday the 10th when I saw the scale confirm that I had actually lost 100 pounds...I couldn't give a rat's ass what day it was. 

Lesson learned...goals are great...but they are movable figments of our own limitations.  The end of the story was no less climactic just because there was a few extra pages in the way.  I started this journey a size 28 and as I write I am wearing a comfy size 16.  I can't ever remember wearing less than 18.  I shopped at Rue 21...for myself!

Next goal?  You know it!  Onderland!!!  I'm sitting at 224 today, so only 25 lbs to my next giddy, flailing of the arms, squeeling like a 3rd grader in arm's reach of Justin Beeber, dance like no one's watching (dear God, don't EVER let anyone see me) celebration.

On a lighter note.  Chicken and I still aren't friends, but we have had coffee together a couple times.  Beef jerky is the bomb-diggity...I know...driest meat substance on earth goes down better than the moistest poultry?  Go figure.  Rudy, my wonderful best friend, partner in this journey and love of my life whom I also married, has lost an amazing 125 lbs and has gone from a 54 pant to a 40 comfortably.  All I can say besides "Go Baby Go" is yes, it get's bigger, and yes there's much more to our love life than I ever imagined possible for a couple over 40.

I had my 6 month check-up and bloodwork done.  I'm curious about my protein and vitamin levels...but I'm not scared.  I've never felt better, so I must be doing something right.  My surgeon's PA said we consider 70% of excess weight lost in 18 months to be a success.  I've already lost 50% of mine.  Our original realistic goal weight was 160, but she thinks I may reach around 140 by the 12 month mark.  I'm not so sure on that one...things have slowed down a bit.  But I'm no longer looking at it as an impossible destination...and I'm willing to relax on the time limitation. 
I'll give myself 12 months and 2 days!


1 comment:

  1. I also considered weight loss surgery. I went to see a gastric bypass surgeon in Georgia and I was frustrated as I am not qualified for surgery; he recommended me to try a bypass surgery alternative, Roca Labs. He said that Roca Labs is the way of the future. He advised me to get a second option from my own doctor which I did; and since my doctor okay on this alternative to surgery upon reviewing the ingredients and side effects, I tried and I was surprised on how effective it was. In 3 months time, I lost a total of 42 pounds; by the fourth month I hit my goal of 60 pounds. It was an amazing experience and it made my family very happy for discovering an alternative to surgery nowadays which helps me gain a healthy weight and habits, too. Whichever way, best of luck with our weight loss!

    ReplyDelete